OSDN Git Service

android-x86/hardware-intel-common-libva.git
3 years agova.h: fix comments error for arbitrary number of MBs per slice. nougat-x86 android-x86-7.1-r1 android-x86-7.1-r2 android-x86-7.1-r3 android-x86-7.1-r4
Jun Zhao [Thu, 10 Aug 2017 07:33:38 +0000 (03:33 -0400)]
va.h: fix comments error for arbitrary number of MBs per slice.

Signed-off-by: Jun Zhao <jun.zhao@intel.com>
3 years agoglx: strcmp compares chars not unsigned chars
Víctor Manuel Jáquez Leal [Wed, 9 Aug 2017 10:51:12 +0000 (12:51 +0200)]
glx: strcmp compares chars not unsigned chars

Thus, silence the warnings raising by clang-3.8 compiler.

Fixes #89

Signed-off-by: Víctor Manuel Jáquez Leal <vjaquez@igalia.com>
3 years agova_trace: remove unused variables
Víctor Manuel Jáquez Leal [Wed, 9 Aug 2017 10:47:30 +0000 (12:47 +0200)]
va_trace: remove unused variables

Remove unused variables detected by clang-3.8

Fixes #89

Signed-off-by: Víctor Manuel Jáquez Leal <vjaquez@igalia.com>
3 years agova_trace: add quality_level trace log
Zhong Li [Tue, 27 Jun 2017 07:20:56 +0000 (15:20 +0800)]
va_trace: add quality_level trace log

Signed-off-by: Zhong Li <zhong.li@intel.com>
3 years agoconfigure fails if requirement can't be met for user's explicit request
Xiang, Haihao [Mon, 19 Jun 2017 03:01:02 +0000 (11:01 +0800)]
configure fails if requirement can't be met for user's explicit request

Notify user an error if user provides --enable-x11/--enable-glx/--enable-egl/--enable-wayland
however the requirement can't be met. drm has been checked mandatorily
in the script

v2: Remove XEXT_CFLAGS/XFIXES_CFLAGS from va/x11/Makefile.am and use
$X11_PKG_ERRORS in the error message if the requirement is met for VA/X11

This fixes https://github.com/01org/libva/issues/68

Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
Reviewed-by: U. Artie Eoff <ullysses.a.eoff@intel.com>
3 years agowayland: Do not rely on external library for wl_drm_interface
Philipp Kerling [Tue, 13 Jun 2017 10:33:27 +0000 (12:33 +0200)]
wayland: Do not rely on external library for wl_drm_interface

Doing the runtime lookup is error-prone (as indicated in the code
already by the two library names) and not necessary at all.
Just compile wl_drm_interface as part of libva which is the usual
way to use extra Wayland protocols. Care must be taken as to not
accidentally export the symbol though.

3 years agowayland: Also support wl_drm version 1
Philipp Kerling [Tue, 13 Jun 2017 07:54:06 +0000 (09:54 +0200)]
wayland: Also support wl_drm version 1

Just using version 2 without checking would lead to a protocol error
bringing down the entire application, and wl_drm version 1 is still
supported since v2 only adds PRIME capabilities.

Signed-off-by: Philipp Kerling <pkerling@casix.org>
3 years agoBump wayland-client dependency to 1.11.0
Philipp Kerling [Tue, 13 Jun 2017 11:14:06 +0000 (13:14 +0200)]
Bump wayland-client dependency to 1.11.0

Signed-off-by: Philipp Kerling <pkerling@casix.org>
3 years agowayland: Use private event queue for compositor communication
Philipp Kerling [Tue, 13 Jun 2017 07:45:30 +0000 (09:45 +0200)]
wayland: Use private event queue for compositor communication

(Ab)using the default queue that the application might itself use
already and work on in parallel to initializing libva is not
thread-safe. Make it thread-safe by setting a private queue on a
wrapped wl_display. Also print some more error messages in case things
go wrong.

Signed-off-by: Philipp Kerling <pkerling@casix.org>
Signed-off-by: Olivier Crete <olivier.crete@collabora.com>
3 years agowayland: Cleanup wl_registry in va_wayland_drm_destroy
Philipp Kerling [Tue, 13 Jun 2017 07:42:40 +0000 (09:42 +0200)]
wayland: Cleanup wl_registry in va_wayland_drm_destroy

Signed-off-by: Philipp Kerling <pkerling@casix.org>
Signed-off-by: Olivier Crete <olivier.crete@collabora.com>
3 years agowayland: Fix uninitialized registry
Philipp Kerling [Tue, 13 Jun 2017 07:57:43 +0000 (09:57 +0200)]
wayland: Fix uninitialized registry

Signed-off-by: Philipp Kerling <pkerling@casix.org>
3 years agoBump libva to 1.8.4.pre1 for development
Xiang, Haihao [Mon, 12 Jun 2017 16:03:51 +0000 (00:03 +0800)]
Bump libva to 1.8.4.pre1 for development

Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
3 years agoAdd va_MessagingInit().
Giuseppe [Fri, 9 Jun 2017 20:07:21 +0000 (22:07 +0200)]
Add va_MessagingInit().

Previous to this commit, changing verbosity level
was only possible at build time via the definition
of ENABLE_VA_MESSAGING.

Now it's possible to choose a verbosity level between
{0, 1, 2} by modifying /etc/libva.conf or by setting
the corresponding environment variable LIBVA_MESSAGING_LEVEL.

Signed-off-by: Giuseppe <giuscri@gmail.com>
3 years agoFix small typos.
Giuseppe [Fri, 9 Jun 2017 20:04:01 +0000 (22:04 +0200)]
Fix small typos.

/etc/libav.conf was spelled incorrectly,
some lines were bad indented because of
mixed tabs and spaces.

Signed-off-by: Giuseppe <giuscri@gmail.com>
3 years agoAvoid assertion fault when trying to draw a big picture
Xiang, Haihao [Thu, 1 Jun 2017 15:46:18 +0000 (23:46 +0800)]
Avoid assertion fault when trying to draw a big picture

The display server doesn't support the big picture, so the returned
buffer is NULL. The fix returns a NULL buffer instead of assertion fault
in libva-x11, the backend driver should handle this case in a right way
as well.

This fixes https://github.com/01org/libva/issues/51

Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
3 years agoRemove the dummy driver
Xiang, Haihao [Thu, 1 Jun 2017 08:44:45 +0000 (16:44 +0800)]
Remove the dummy driver

No one is interested in this dummy driver and it is not maintained.

This fixes https://github.com/01org/libva/issues/28

Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
3 years agoREADME.md: update Slack Team invite URL
U. Artie Eoff [Thu, 25 May 2017 17:50:22 +0000 (10:50 -0700)]
README.md: update Slack Team invite URL

Signed-off-by: U. Artie Eoff <ullysses.a.eoff@intel.com>
3 years agoBump libva to 1.8.3.pre1 for development
Xiang, Haihao [Tue, 16 May 2017 05:23:21 +0000 (13:23 +0800)]
Bump libva to 1.8.3.pre1 for development

Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
3 years agoandroid: move libva-android to /vendor
Chih-Wei Huang [Mon, 8 May 2017 04:04:35 +0000 (12:04 +0800)]
android: move libva-android to /vendor

This was missed in the previous commit bed97ef.

Signed-off-by: Chih-Wei Huang <cwhuang@linux.org.tw>
3 years agoandroid: remove rules of unnecessary libraries
Chih-Wei Huang [Fri, 12 May 2017 02:15:09 +0000 (10:15 +0800)]
android: remove rules of unnecessary libraries

Both libva-tpi and libva-egl should not be used any more.

Signed-off-by: Chih-Wei Huang <cwhuang@linux.org.tw>
3 years agoandroid: open renderD128 by default
Xu Guangxin [Sat, 6 May 2017 09:51:13 +0000 (05:51 -0400)]
android: open renderD128 by default

if we open card0, we need be a root to call I915_PARAM_CHIPSET_ID,
but mediaservice's owner is not root, open renderD128 will fix this.

3 years agova_trace: add traces for MB rate control/temporal layer
Jun Zhao [Mon, 8 May 2017 05:22:33 +0000 (13:22 +0800)]
va_trace: add traces for MB rate control/temporal layer

add trace information for mb_rate_control/temporal_id in
VAEncMiscParameterRateControl

Signed-off-by: Jun Zhao <jun.zhao@intel.com>
3 years agoAdd the suffix_str back into the tracing file name
peng.chen [Tue, 2 May 2017 03:03:32 +0000 (11:03 +0800)]
Add the suffix_str back into the tracing file name

Fix #44

3 years agoMerge pull request #37 from cwhuang/master
Xiang, Haihao [Tue, 2 May 2017 02:46:27 +0000 (10:46 +0800)]
Merge pull request #37 from cwhuang/master

A series patches for Android

3 years agoandroid: change VA_DRIVERS_PATH to /vendor
Chih-Wei Huang [Wed, 26 Apr 2017 05:32:29 +0000 (13:32 +0800)]
android: change VA_DRIVERS_PATH to /vendor

Signed-off-by: Chih-Wei Huang <cwhuang@linux.org.tw>
3 years agoandroid: move the libraries to /vendor
Chih-Wei Huang [Wed, 26 Apr 2017 05:31:00 +0000 (13:31 +0800)]
android: move the libraries to /vendor

Signed-off-by: Chih-Wei Huang <cwhuang@linux.org.tw>
3 years agoRemove the unnecessary exec bit
Chih-Wei Huang [Thu, 6 Apr 2017 05:26:45 +0000 (13:26 +0800)]
Remove the unnecessary exec bit

These files are not executables.

Signed-off-by: Chih-Wei Huang <cwhuang@linux.org.tw>
3 years agoandroid: change libva drivers path
Chih-Wei Huang [Thu, 6 Apr 2017 05:18:37 +0000 (13:18 +0800)]
android: change libva drivers path

Use the path similar to linux desktop.

Signed-off-by: Chih-Wei Huang <cwhuang@linux.org.tw>
3 years agoandroid: enable logging except the user build
Chih-Wei Huang [Thu, 6 Apr 2017 04:56:57 +0000 (12:56 +0800)]
android: enable logging except the user build

Signed-off-by: Chih-Wei Huang <cwhuang@linux.org.tw>
3 years agoandroid: simplify Android logging
Chih-Wei Huang [Thu, 6 Apr 2017 04:01:46 +0000 (12:01 +0800)]
android: simplify Android logging

To support older versions, just check if ALOGx are defined.

Signed-off-by: Chih-Wei Huang <cwhuang@linux.org.tw>
3 years agoandroid: remove redundant -DANDROID
Chih-Wei Huang [Thu, 6 Apr 2017 02:45:09 +0000 (10:45 +0800)]
android: remove redundant -DANDROID

It has already been defined by the Android build system.

Signed-off-by: Chih-Wei Huang <cwhuang@linux.org.tw>
3 years agoandroid: use LOCAL_EXPORT_C_INCLUDE_DIRS to get include paths
Chih-Wei Huang [Thu, 6 Apr 2017 02:27:28 +0000 (10:27 +0800)]
android: use LOCAL_EXPORT_C_INCLUDE_DIRS to get include paths

The documents of Android build system explicitly said LOCAL_COPY_HEADERS
and LOCAL_COPY_HEADERS_TO are deprecated.

Replace them by the LOCAL_EXPORT_C_INCLUDE_DIRS variable. The modules
that use libva will get the include path automatically.

Signed-off-by: Chih-Wei Huang <cwhuang@linux.org.tw>
3 years agoandroid: fix the rules to generate va_version.h
Chih-Wei Huang [Wed, 5 Apr 2017 10:37:01 +0000 (18:37 +0800)]
android: fix the rules to generate va_version.h

Android source tree has to be read-only. The generated files should
be put to the $(OUT)/gen/ dir. Besides, LOCAL_GENERATED_SOURCES must
be set before include $(BUILD_SHARED_LIBRARY). Otherwise it has no
effect.

Signed-off-by: Chih-Wei Huang <cwhuang@linux.org.tw>
3 years agolibva: change to use ANativeWindow
Linda Yu [Thu, 2 Mar 2017 06:00:54 +0000 (14:00 +0800)]
libva: change to use ANativeWindow

Jira: https://01.org/jira/browser/AIA-65
Test: vainfo

Signed-off-by: Linda Yu <linda.yu@intel.com>
3 years agoMerge pull request #42 from amaslenn/fix-md
Xiang, Haihao [Wed, 19 Apr 2017 08:44:46 +0000 (16:44 +0800)]
Merge pull request #42 from amaslenn/fix-md

docs: fix formatting in markdown files

3 years agoFix links formatting in CONTRIBUTING.md
Andrey Maslennikov [Wed, 19 Apr 2017 07:51:57 +0000 (10:51 +0300)]
Fix links formatting in CONTRIBUTING.md

3 years agoFix heading in README.md
Andrey Maslennikov [Wed, 19 Apr 2017 07:50:34 +0000 (10:50 +0300)]
Fix heading in README.md

3 years agoMerge branch 'v1.8-branch' into 01org--master
Xiang, Haihao [Wed, 19 Apr 2017 04:21:08 +0000 (12:21 +0800)]
Merge branch 'v1.8-branch' into 01org--master

Conflicts:
configure.ac

3 years agolibva 1.8.1
Xiang, Haihao [Mon, 10 Apr 2017 08:14:02 +0000 (16:14 +0800)]
libva 1.8.1

Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
3 years agoBump libva to 1.8.2.pre1 for development
Xiang, Haihao [Thu, 6 Apr 2017 13:25:13 +0000 (21:25 +0800)]
Bump libva to 1.8.2.pre1 for development

Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
3 years agolibva 1.8.1.pre1
Xiang, Haihao [Thu, 6 Apr 2017 13:22:54 +0000 (21:22 +0800)]
libva 1.8.1.pre1

Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
3 years agolibva 1.8.0
Xiang, Haihao [Fri, 31 Mar 2017 07:16:57 +0000 (15:16 +0800)]
libva 1.8.0

Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
3 years agolibva 1.8.0.pre3
Xiang, Haihao [Mon, 27 Mar 2017 13:39:20 +0000 (21:39 +0800)]
libva 1.8.0.pre3

Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
3 years agolibva 1.8.0.pre2
Xiang, Haihao [Thu, 16 Mar 2017 08:16:27 +0000 (16:16 +0800)]
libva 1.8.0.pre2

Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
3 years agoBump libva to 1.8.1.pre1 for development
Xiang, Haihao [Tue, 7 Mar 2017 15:42:43 +0000 (23:42 +0800)]
Bump libva to 1.8.1.pre1 for development

Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
3 years agoUpdate NEWS for 1.8.0.pre1
Xiang, Haihao [Mon, 6 Mar 2017 07:18:16 +0000 (15:18 +0800)]
Update NEWS for 1.8.0.pre1

Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
3 years agowayland: Don't commit and ship generated files
Jussi Kukkonen [Thu, 23 Feb 2017 14:10:09 +0000 (16:10 +0200)]
wayland: Don't commit and ship generated files

I believe shipping wayland-drm-client-protocol.h is wrong: The header
should always be generated by the wayland-scanner that matches the
runtime wayland version. Currently when someone clones the repo and
builds, the shipped version is used.

Remove wayland-drm-client-protocol.h from source tree, modify the
build so the header is considered a built source file, and make
configure fail if wayland is enabled but wayland-scanner is not found.

Fixes #34.

Signed-off-by: Jussi Kukkonen <jussi.kukkonen@intel.com>
3 years agoWayland-drm: Fix not finding wl_drm_interface on systems with libglvnd
Hans de Goede [Wed, 15 Feb 2017 14:18:44 +0000 (15:18 +0100)]
Wayland-drm: Fix not finding wl_drm_interface on systems with libglvnd

We do not want just any libEGL.so.1 we want mesa's libEGL.so.1 as that
is the only way which defines the wl_drm_interface symbol we need,
one systems with libglvnd libEGL.so.1 is a dispatcher library provided
by libglvnd and the actual mesa libEGL we want is named libEGL_mesa.so.0
so try that first.

Signed-off-by: Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com>
3 years agodrm: Add mapping of amdgpu kernel driver to radeonsi Mesa driver
Mark Thompson [Sat, 4 Feb 2017 16:14:45 +0000 (16:14 +0000)]
drm: Add mapping of amdgpu kernel driver to radeonsi Mesa driver

Fixes #24.

Signed-off-by: Mark Thompson <sw@jkqxz.net>
3 years agodrm: Fix Mesa driver names
Mark Thompson [Sat, 4 Feb 2017 16:00:17 +0000 (16:00 +0000)]
drm: Fix Mesa driver names

The use of "gallium" as the driver name was removed in Mesa commit
0c0f841e5de27d01312f8857641668ca439b1ab1.  This updates the mapping
to use the individual driver names.

Fixes #25.

Signed-off-by: Mark Thompson <sw@jkqxz.net>
3 years agoconfig: Add va_messaging flag
Sean V Kelley [Sat, 4 Feb 2017 06:17:33 +0000 (22:17 -0800)]
config: Add va_messaging flag

on by default, but allows optional disabling.

fixes #21

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agoMerge pull request #19 from seanvk/remove_debiancontrol
Sean V. Kelley [Wed, 1 Feb 2017 19:05:48 +0000 (11:05 -0800)]
Merge pull request #19 from seanvk/remove_debiancontrol

debian: Remove legacy packaging

3 years agodebian: Remove legacy packaging
Sean V Kelley [Wed, 1 Feb 2017 18:10:35 +0000 (10:10 -0800)]
debian: Remove legacy packaging

debian control files are maintained by packagers

Yes there is a "convenience" factor to roll your
own debian package, but this is not maintained by
us and represents a fork from debian packagers.
As with the bit rot of libva.spec, remove this.

fixes #18

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agoMerge pull request #13 from seanvk/remove-test
Sean V. Kelley [Wed, 1 Feb 2017 05:48:41 +0000 (21:48 -0800)]
Merge pull request #13 from seanvk/remove-test

test: remove from library

3 years agoconfig: Updated AC_INIT for github
Sean V Kelley [Wed, 1 Feb 2017 04:41:14 +0000 (20:41 -0800)]
config: Updated AC_INIT for github

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agospecfile: remove libva.spec
Sean V Kelley [Wed, 1 Feb 2017 03:55:16 +0000 (19:55 -0800)]
specfile: remove libva.spec

Package maintainers create and maintain their own.

Fixes #8

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agotest: remove from library
Sean V Kelley [Sun, 29 Jan 2017 04:17:25 +0000 (20:17 -0800)]
test: remove from library

Moved to libva-utils

Fixes #12

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agotravis: Added new security list for scans
Sean V Kelley [Tue, 31 Jan 2017 05:16:27 +0000 (21:16 -0800)]
travis: Added new security list for scans

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agogithub: Removed coveralls integration
Sean V Kelley [Tue, 31 Jan 2017 05:08:40 +0000 (21:08 -0800)]
github: Removed coveralls integration

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agogithub: Added slack team to readme
Sean V Kelley [Tue, 31 Jan 2017 04:49:21 +0000 (20:49 -0800)]
github: Added slack team to readme

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agogithub: Use correct travis svg and coverity project id
Sean V Kelley [Sun, 29 Jan 2017 23:29:00 +0000 (15:29 -0800)]
github: Use correct travis svg and coverity project id

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agotravis: Coverity not seeing the email
Sean V Kelley [Sun, 29 Jan 2017 22:30:33 +0000 (14:30 -0800)]
travis: Coverity not seeing the email

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agotravis: coverity scan notification email must be set
Sean V Kelley [Sun, 29 Jan 2017 22:17:32 +0000 (14:17 -0800)]
travis: coverity scan notification email must be set

Will have to find another suitable destination later.
Mailing list maybe?

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agotravis: Configure for a coverity scan branch
Sean V Kelley [Sun, 29 Jan 2017 22:08:03 +0000 (14:08 -0800)]
travis: Configure for a coverity scan branch

Also reduce waste of resources, avoiding duplicate builds

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agotravis: Test coverity
Sean V Kelley [Sun, 29 Jan 2017 21:27:19 +0000 (13:27 -0800)]
travis: Test coverity

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agova: Keep compatibility with the backend driver built against 0.39.x
Xiang, Haihao [Thu, 19 Jan 2017 03:08:11 +0000 (11:08 +0800)]
va: Keep compatibility with the backend driver built against 0.39.x

Bugzilla: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=99375
Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agogithub: Added link to doxygen gh pages for libva
Sean V Kelley [Sun, 29 Jan 2017 11:06:16 +0000 (03:06 -0800)]
github: Added link to doxygen gh pages for libva

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agodoc: Remove log file from script
Sean V Kelley [Sun, 29 Jan 2017 11:03:30 +0000 (03:03 -0800)]
doc: Remove log file from script

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agoMerge pull request #16 from seanvk/master
Sean V. Kelley [Sun, 29 Jan 2017 10:55:30 +0000 (02:55 -0800)]
Merge pull request #16 from seanvk/master

doc: update to doxy and new gh deploy script

3 years agodoc: update to doxy and new gh deploy script
Sean V Kelley [Sun, 29 Jan 2017 10:30:55 +0000 (02:30 -0800)]
doc: update to doxy and new gh deploy script

Fixes #15

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agogithub: Correct project name
Sean V Kelley [Sun, 29 Jan 2017 02:12:37 +0000 (18:12 -0800)]
github: Correct project name

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agogithub: Updated mailing list
Sean V Kelley [Thu, 26 Jan 2017 23:11:23 +0000 (15:11 -0800)]
github: Updated mailing list

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agogithub: Contact update
Sean V Kelley [Thu, 26 Jan 2017 22:41:24 +0000 (14:41 -0800)]
github: Contact update

Update with new mailing list and irc channel.

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agotravis: Add hooks for slack
Sean V Kelley [Mon, 23 Jan 2017 04:27:16 +0000 (20:27 -0800)]
travis:  Add hooks for slack

Add hooks for travis to slack.

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agotravis : Test for coveralls
Sean V Kelley [Sun, 22 Jan 2017 07:22:55 +0000 (23:22 -0800)]
travis : Test for coveralls

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agoMerge pull request #5 from seanvk/upstream
Sean V. Kelley [Sun, 22 Jan 2017 07:02:03 +0000 (23:02 -0800)]
Merge pull request #5 from seanvk/upstream

travis: Explicitly use apt-get for deps

3 years agotravis: Explicitly use apt-get for deps
Sean V Kelley [Sun, 22 Jan 2017 06:54:56 +0000 (22:54 -0800)]
travis: Explicitly use apt-get for deps

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agoMerge pull request #3 from seanvk/master
Sean V. Kelley [Sun, 22 Jan 2017 06:34:40 +0000 (22:34 -0800)]
Merge pull request #3 from seanvk/master

readme : Add CI and Coveralls badges

3 years agotravis: Initial import of travis instructions
Sean V Kelley [Sun, 22 Jan 2017 06:33:53 +0000 (22:33 -0800)]
travis: Initial import of travis instructions

This is a simple port that does a build/install and check.

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agoreadme : Add CI and Coveralls badges
Sean V Kelley [Sun, 22 Jan 2017 06:01:42 +0000 (22:01 -0800)]
readme : Add CI and Coveralls badges

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agoreadme: Add mention to waffle kanban
Sean V Kelley [Sun, 22 Jan 2017 05:47:46 +0000 (21:47 -0800)]
readme: Add mention to waffle kanban

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agoUpdate documentation for github
Sean V Kelley [Sun, 22 Jan 2017 05:40:11 +0000 (21:40 -0800)]
Update documentation for github

Adding and modifying typical files used on github
for documentation.

Signed-off-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
3 years agoCreate README.md
Sean V. Kelley [Sun, 22 Jan 2017 05:18:51 +0000 (21:18 -0800)]
Create README.md

3 years agoDon't automatically destroy the buffer(s) passed to vaRenderPicture
Xiang, Haihao [Wed, 4 Jan 2017 02:17:19 +0000 (10:17 +0800)]
Don't automatically destroy the buffer(s) passed to vaRenderPicture

Instead the user must call vaDestroyBuffer() to destroy a buffer explicitly.

If following the previous API specification,
1. Violate "who allocate who release" principle
2. The user cannot re-use VA buffer flexibly
3. The user still has to call vaDestroyBuffer() to destroy the buffers which
   are not going to be passed to vaRenderPicture()

We discussed the change at https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=97970

v2: bump version to 0.40 because this is a incompatible change to VA-API

Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
3 years agoMerge branch 'v1.7-branch' into fdo--master
Xiang, Haihao [Mon, 9 Jan 2017 05:28:49 +0000 (13:28 +0800)]
Merge branch 'v1.7-branch' into fdo--master

Conflicts:
configure.ac
va/va.h

3 years agova.h: Improve the comment on the encode framerate parameter
Mark Thompson [Thu, 22 Dec 2016 18:22:00 +0000 (18:22 +0000)]
va.h: Improve the comment on the encode framerate parameter

Signed-off-by: Mark Thompson <sw@jkqxz.net>
4 years agova.h: fix compile warning
Li Zhijian [Tue, 22 Nov 2016 04:44:05 +0000 (12:44 +0800)]
va.h: fix compile warning

If we specify compiling option with "-Werror=strict-prototypes", we
will get the following error:
va/va.h:294:1: error: function declaration isn't a prototype [-Werror=strict-prototypes]
typedef int (*VAPrivFunc)();

This patch declares the VAPrivFunc with parameter 'void', to make the
compiler happy.

Signed-off-by: Li Zhijian <zhijianx.li@intel.com>
4 years agoAdd the fourcc of I010 format
Zhao Yakui [Thu, 17 Nov 2016 18:23:30 +0000 (13:23 -0500)]
Add the fourcc of I010 format

I010 is another kind of 10-bit format. Its layout is similar to IYUV(I420).
And the lower 10-bit is used.

Signed-off-by: Zhao Yakui <yakui.zhao@intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
4 years agodrm: remove va_drm_is_authenticated check
Emil Velikov [Tue, 15 Nov 2016 15:24:15 +0000 (15:24 +0000)]
drm: remove va_drm_is_authenticated check

If we do not use a render node we must authenticate. Doing the extra
GetClient calls/ioctls does not help much, so don't bother.

Cc: David Herrmann <dh.herrmann@gmail.com>
Cc: Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@ffwll.ch>
Signed-off-by: Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
4 years agova/x11: Require synchronisation to vblank with DRI2SwapBuffers
Chris Wilson [Thu, 24 Dec 2015 15:42:37 +0000 (15:42 +0000)]
va/x11: Require synchronisation to vblank with DRI2SwapBuffers

By passing divisor=0, we imply we do not care about synchronisation of
this request to the vertical refresh - the spec says that if we miss the
target frame, the swap will be presented as quickly as possible and may
forgo waiting until the next vblank. By using divisor=1, we request that
the swap be presented upon the vertical refresh immediately following
recipe, enforcing the synchronisation to vblank and avoiding tearing.

Reported-and-tested-by: Lukas Hejtmanek <xhejtman@ics.muni.cz>
Signed-off-by: Chris Wilson <chris@chris-wilson.co.uk>
Reviewed-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
4 years agolibva 1.7.4.pre1 for development
Xiang, Haihao [Thu, 10 Nov 2016 00:35:55 +0000 (08:35 +0800)]
libva 1.7.4.pre1 for development

Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
4 years agoUpdate NEWS
Xiang, Haihao [Mon, 31 Oct 2016 04:56:00 +0000 (12:56 +0800)]
Update NEWS

Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
4 years agoBump VA-API version to 0.39.4
Xiang, Haihao [Mon, 19 Sep 2016 05:43:49 +0000 (13:43 +0800)]
Bump VA-API version to 0.39.4

Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
(cherry picked from commit 3b7e4999950a04fabd42edbead8c2f24c6cdf3cf)

4 years agowayland: Check whether prime fd can be used in buffer sharing mechanism
Xiang, Haihao [Tue, 19 Jul 2016 08:19:58 +0000 (16:19 +0800)]
wayland: Check whether prime fd can be used in buffer sharing mechanism

Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
(cherry picked from commit a55ea7cb3143d57c8dba1b76ccea3511ea69adf2)

4 years agoNew wayland-drm.xml
Xiang, Haihao [Tue, 19 Jul 2016 02:26:41 +0000 (10:26 +0800)]
New wayland-drm.xml

Update wayland-drm-client-protocol.h as well

Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
(cherry picked from commit d8719fb8b2d999c3de64def3a801778021c71f84)

4 years agoA simple encoder for H.264/AVC SVC temporal scalability
Xiang, Haihao [Tue, 6 Sep 2016 13:25:29 +0000 (21:25 +0800)]
A simple encoder for H.264/AVC SVC temporal scalability

It is based on VA-API

Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
(cherry picked from commit 7aa2dd979a3758e1f6378344b235595c5028a9e7)

4 years agoAdd the comment for framerate in VAEncMiscParameterFrameRate
Xiang, Haihao [Tue, 6 Sep 2016 13:25:28 +0000 (21:25 +0800)]
Add the comment for framerate in VAEncMiscParameterFrameRate

To express a frame rate, such as 7.5, we have to use 'numerator / denominator'.
The high 2 bytes will be used as denominator and the low 2 bytes will be used
as numerator.

To keep backward compatible, the low 2 bytes is the real frame rate when the high
2 bytes is 0.

Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
(cherry picked from commit 1ca62cedd41ed2061c3a9ddafadc59a4692a07c9)

4 years agoMerge and modify encoding bit-rate control per temporal layer.
Xiang, Haihao [Tue, 13 Sep 2016 07:10:49 +0000 (15:10 +0800)]
Merge and modify encoding bit-rate control per temporal layer.

Cherry-pick'ed from:
e6f92ae: Added geneirc support for encoding bit-rate control per temporal layer
753ec17: va.h: add data structure for the structure of temporal layer encoding

v2: Update the comment that user must send VAEncMiscParameterTemporalLayerStructure before
VAEncMiscParameterRateControl and VAEncMiscParameterFrameRate and the condition for error return

Signed-off-by: Jonathan Bian <jonathan.bian@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Austin Yuan <shengquan.yuan@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Zhangfei Zhang <zhangfei.zhang@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>
(cherry picked from commit d12fc9823f3c09a834a071c2327ef8f9c1352649)

4 years agolibva 1.7.3.pre1 for development
Xiang, Haihao [Tue, 23 Aug 2016 03:56:33 +0000 (11:56 +0800)]
libva 1.7.3.pre1 for development

Signed-off-by: Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang@intel.com>
(cherry picked from commit 2ebf897d51f1ac4e6620a830a402af0faa8df3ae)

Conflicts:
configure.ac

4 years agoAdd callbacks for error and info messages.
Emmanuel Gil Peyrot [Wed, 19 Oct 2016 12:37:36 +0000 (13:37 +0100)]
Add callbacks for error and info messages.

This lets any application using libva choose the best way to report
info and error messages to the user, for example graphical application
can open a popup on errors and write info messages in the toolbar.

Signed-off-by: Emmanuel Gil Peyrot <linkmauve@linkmauve.fr>
Reviewed-by: Sean V Kelley <seanvk@posteo.de>